So one of our animals is tugging at your heartstrings. We know the feeling. If you’re ready to take the next step, here’s how it works:
1. You fill out and submit our online adoption application.
2. Our team reviews your application. If it’s a good fit, we will be in touch with you within 7 days (we are volunteer run and unfortunately can’t respond to every application) depending on if the animal is ready for adoption.
3. You and your family have a Meet ‘n’ Greet with the rescue animal to see how everyone gets along. Meet ‘n’ Greets usually take place at the foster’s home, and are pretty casual. You get the opportunity to hang out with the animal, as well as talk with the foster about the animal’s personality, energy level, and quirks.
4. We check your references and conduct a home check to make sure that you have everything the animal needs. Often, the home check is just a matter of pointing out areas that need to be cat- or dog-proofed.
5. If all goes well, you sign an adoption contract, pay the adoption fee, then welcome your new family member home!
But that’s not all! If you have any questions, or need help with training, you can get in touch with us at any time. We even have a Facebook group for adopters, where they can share updates and post questions.
Please note: We do not ever adopt out pets as gifts and require them to be indoor only. Cats/kittens can NEVER be declawed. We also do not ship animals and require everyone in the home to be at the meet and greet or homecheck.